Incremental reading is a reading technique that makes it easy to convert articles from the web into knowledge that can last for life.
Incremental reading is implemented in SuperMemo for Windows (including freeware).
- Incremental reading (5 min. video demo)
- Incremental reading (manual)
- Incremental reading step by step (3 min. introduction)
- Advantages of incremental reading
- Disadvantages of incremental reading
- How can I read faster?
Figure: A typical snapshot from an incremental reading process in SuperMemo. While learning about leptin, the student extracts important portions of the text, and marks keywords that might be used to form questions that will enhance memory in the long term. The questions are reviewed along a spaced repetition schedule. See this video example for explanation. The brain picture can be found here